Biography Laura Giuntoli
Laura Giuntoli (Italy, 1989) is based in Berlin.
She is a dancer. She began her studies in ballet and modern dance at the "Pontedera Danza” School in Italy, where she graduated in both categories. Laura received a scholarship to continue her studies at the Hamlyn Dance School, in Florence, Italy. In 2008 she won the third prize at the “Anna Pavlova Concourse” for the contemporary dance section. She attended the “Modem-Scenario Pubblico" intensive studies guided by Roberto Zappalà thanks to which she specialised in contemporary dance.
Laura has been working in several dance projects through out Europe among which:
- those with the dance company Maktub Noir, in Italy
- those with the dance company Leggere Strutture, in Italy
- the project “Bodies in Urban space" directed by Willi Dorner in Eindhoven, Holland
- the project “Don Quijote" directed by Tobias Bungter and Laura Quarg for the Bad Hersfeld Festspiel in Germany
- the projec “Der Klein Prinz" directed by Doris Schaefer in Berlin
- the projects "Exploring Visual" and "Body PlaY” in Berlin with the choreographer Chaim Gebber
- she danced in the Opera “Le Prophète” - Giacomo Meyerbeer - at the Deutsche Oper Berlin
Since 2015 Laura works with InCorpo/Raffaella Galdi as a dancer, both in research and performative projects (“Turtle”, “Impro Compo”, “Travelling I am”, “Eating not eating”, “Vegetable stories”). She is also very active at the organisational and presentational work of the company.
Telephone (Italy): 0039 329 3641094
Telephone (Germany): 0049 (0) 0151 71510321
© 2013 InCorpo All rights reserved
“Now I am going to reveal to you something which is very pure, a totally white thought. It is always in my heart; it blooms at each of my steps... The Dance is love, it is only love, it alone, and that is enough... I, then, it is amorously that I dance: to poems, to music but now I would like to no longer dance to anything but the rhythm of my soul.” (Isadora Duncan)